Executive Producer/Content Strategist
MediaSource, one of the PR industry’s leading brand journalism authorities, named the Best Health Care PR Agency for 2015 (for the 3rd consecutive year) by industry leader Ragan Communications, is looking for our next company rock star. If you have a journalism mindset and understand how to write and produce video stories on behalf of brands, MediaSource may be your new home!
The Executive Producer/Content Strategist will work with a team of highly-motivated reporters, writers and editorial teams to develop unique stories focused on health, technology innovations, and other consumer-focused topics.
This is a unique opportunity for a journalist who wants to tell video stories in a newsroom-style environment with a non-newsroom-like schedule. Our regular workday is Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Company benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K and 3 weeks paid time off (PTO) annually plus holidays.
Please review specific application instructions in order to be considered for this position. See full details at the bottom of this posting.
Content strategist who uses editorial judgement and research to discover and develop consumer-friendly stories that relate to our clients’ business goals including:
Original story development, which includes discovering and taking information supplied by client and other research and developing the info into story topics which would be viable for national news media exposure
Work with client (mainly academic medical center) subject matter experts to discover and research complex health, medical & technology topics -- then develop them into consumer-friendly stories
Conduct interviews (via phone and/or in person) with subject matter experts and real people who are part of the story in order to develop and create the story
Serve as a reporter/producer and work on “beats” within client’s key product lines
Monitor and understand current news/trends and be able to relate them to brand stories
Write original content articles in the voice of subject matter experts on topics ranging from health to technology including turning technical information into consumer friendly content
Manage an editorial calendar and plan and coordinate story development on both quick turn and longer term projects
Refine client’s content ideas to help them strategically fit into current news cycles
- Serve as a field producer and interviewer on multimedia/video stories
- Maintain story/article list and coordinate deliverables and deadlines
- Write in a variety of journalistic styles including blogs, listicles, quizzes, ghost author for medical experts as well as TV scripts for customer focused health stories in news style formats
- 4-year degree
- Must be willing to work in Columbus, Ohio
- A minimum of 5-8 years as a reporter, editor, content writer and/or multimedia producer with examples of success in story development and professional writing utilized for TV, online, print and/or PR/marketing
- Ideal candidate has strong professional experience as a journalist as well as at least 3 years working in public relations
- Excellent grammar and execution of writing using AP Style Guide
- Excellent create and story development skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and self-manage priorities and assignments
- Understand and utilizes the principles of SEO in writing
- Able to turn technical information into consumer-friendly writing
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a larger team
- Ability to take revision feedback and seamlessly handle re-edits
- Competence in working on multiple projects at once
- Ability to adapt to different styles of writing for various outlets/ project goals
- Project management and client management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Strategic thinker with creative ideas and problem solving skills
- Video producer experience in journalism environment
- Experience in writing health/ medical stories
- Experience in writing targeted, consumer friendly content
- Experience in story development
- PR or advertising agency experience
- Background as journalist
Our culture is casual but goal-oriented. The people that make up the MediaSource team are accomplished, passionate, smart and striving for the next challenge and goal. A dedication to delivering results for our clients and becoming better at what we do fosters a healthy competition that allows everyone to grow. A can-do, positive attitude is shared at all company levels.
There’s a reason MediaSource was named one of Central Ohio’s Best Places to Work by Business First in 2013, 2014 and 2015! We work hard and play hard, with regular staff outings, happy hours and other perks like Summer Fridays and 9-5 family-friendly office hours that are very un-agency-like. We also work in an amazing, open workspace in Grandview near the heart of downtown Columbus.
The MediaSource work environment is:
A combination of creativity, strategy and determined follow up
Positive and goal-oriented
Fast-paced and ever-changing
In partnership with a variety of different clients with high expectations
MediaSource is always looking for people who are a good fit for our culture, work environment and expectations to expand our team.
If the Executive Producer/Content Strategist position sounds like a good fit for you, please send the following to email@example.com and include "Executive Producer/Content Strategist" in your subject line:
A short paragraph explaining:
Your philosophy on how storytelling and writing should be approached as it relates to brands
How you approach developing a story when there is no obvious story to tell
Three relevant writing samples
If you have a blog or any other outlet that highlights your writing and storytelling talents, please include that information
For more information about our company: www.MediaSourceTV.com, @MediaSourceTV.